Re: xine error

On 29 Nov 2004, Lei Yu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just installed debian on my machine. But the touch pad does not
> work and also the dvd player xine does not work either. I thought swap
> from suse to debian enable me to watch dvd on my laptop, but it
> doesn't seem to be the case. :-( it kept on throw the error message,
> the plugin for /dev/dvd cannot be found...:-(
>
> can anyone help.
>
> Larinia

Does /dev/dvd exist? If not, you may need to make it a link to /dev/hdc
or wherever your CD drive is. (It's /dev/hdc on my Thinkpad.)

Incidentally, have a look at vlc. I find this to be better than xine for
watching dvds.

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic