Re: Full replacement of MS

ken keanon wrote:
Hi,
I'm still toying with the idea of fully replacing Windows w Debian GNU/Linux. The doubt I am still having is this: will I be able to use all the data that I had created under Windows, those documents, emails, images, audios and videos? Anyone has done a complete and successful conversion? Will I have to start-off with a dual-OS system and do the conversion via the HD? Or should I carry out a MS Backup of all these data to a CD-RW and use it for the conversion under LInux? Would like to hear from you. Cheers Ken

Good man! DO IT!

My experience:
I first only ran a Linux (I forget the one) under win-95.

Then I braved unto making a partition that ran RedHat and dual booted to windows.

Then I went to Debian, but kept XP on a partition.

Then I said goodbye, admitting I was a chicken.

At the end my only problem was Adobe Editor of pdf forms of the IRS. But that can quite easily be done with xfig and some added packages.

.doc's are no problem, but multimedia files might be in some cases.

DO IT!

H.