Re: how does mutt send?

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 02:12:46PM -0700, Sean wrote:
> Mutt does use exim4 to send your mail.  You have to do dpkg--reconfigure
> exim4-config.  Setup your mail to be sent through a smarthost assuming
> you're sending it through another system.  When you compose mail, you
> have to include a from address and name in double quotes and you must
> suply an email address on the reply-to line.  This is all documented in
> the mutt manual.
> Sean

I remember I had a bit of trouble getting mutt to set my "from" address
correctly, eventually I found tthat this works:

my_hdr From: Sam Watkins <swatkins@fastmail.fm>

is there specific mutt command to do this?

I don't think the "reply-to" address is compulsory - I don't set it and my mail
seems to work.

Sam