Re: On unresponsive maintainers (was: Re: On using magicfilter and gs)

"Michael D. Crawford" <crawford@goingware.com> writes:

> Is there any formal requirement that a maintainer be responsive, or even
> do his job at all?

No.  Debian's Constitution actually states that you can't force a
developer to do any work he or she doesn't want to do.

> Is there a procedure for taking a package away from a maintainer, and
> having someone else take care of maintaining it?

Yep, it's possible to hijack a package.  I don't think there's any
documented procedure--usually the developer declares his intention to
hijack publicly and then may do so if no one objects.

--
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!