Re: how does mutt send?

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 02:43:38PM +1100, Sam Watkins wrote:

   > I remember I had a bit of trouble getting mutt to set my "from" address
   > correctly, eventually I found tthat this works:
   >
   > my_hdr From: Sam Watkins <swatkins@fastmail.fm>
   >
   > is there specific mutt command to do this?

Is it not one? :-)

If your MTA is exim, you can put that in /etc/email-addresses as
follows:

  login_id : email_address

So, any message that you send will have the above address.

If you want to change the from address in mutt on the fly, Esc-f, will
prompt you for the new from address which overrides whatever is in
/etc/email-addresses (w.r.t. exim)

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                   GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

It is impossible to defend perfectly against the attack of those who want
to die.