Re: how does mutt send?

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 02:43:38PM +1100, Sam Watkins wrote:
> I remember I had a bit of trouble getting mutt to set my "from" address
> correctly, eventually I found tthat this works:
>
> my_hdr From: Sam Watkins <swatkins@fastmail.fm>
>
> is there specific mutt command to do this?

I used that too for a while. But you can also use:
set from="Sam Watkins <swatkins@fastmail.fm>"

Or probably a bit better:
set from=swatkins@fastmail.fm
set realname="Sam Watkins"

In both cases you need to set:
set use_from=yes

> I don't think the "reply-to" address is compulsory - I don't set it
> and my mail seems to work.

Correct. Usually when others reply to your email their program will
send it to the address you specified in the From header. When you want
them to send it to a different address, you can set the Reply-To
header.

"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill