On using magicfilter and gs (was: Re: Laser Printer)

On Nov 24 2004, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I've always liked magicfilter.

Add me to the list of such users. I've been using magicfilter for years and
printing has not been a problem since then (when I used to run ghostscript
manually with many options just to print my LaTeX papers to my advisor).

I'm still quite happily using it and have not kept up with all this CUPS
thing, simply because lpr(ng)+magicfilter works wonderfully for me right
now.

The only problem that I see is that, for my printer to give me the results
I expect, I have to use gs-esp (because it has the pcl3 driver in it),
while gs-gpl doesn't support it and going the route of using other drivers
gives me terrible results, as I reported *quite* some time ago to the
maintainer:

And while I am at it, it seems that this maintainer is a little bit
unresponsive, since the other bug that I filed had the same destination,
apparently (/dev/null):

Learn to quote e-mails decently at:
http://pub.tsn.dk/how-to-quote.php
http://learn.to/quote