Re: xprint - why?

On (24/11/04 12:08), Anthony Campbell wrote:
> On 23 Nov 2004, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > > For now I will adopt "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach.  I am
> > > unsure of what removing x-window-system entails ... something to explore
> > > when I have more time ;)
> >
> > This shouldn't be hard.  Just 'apt-get remove x-window-system', and see
> > what it wants to take out with it.  You can always say no, but probably
> > it will just be that metapackage and you can safely remove it.
> >

> I removed x-window-system and then xprnt-common and xprint-xprintorg
> successfully, but next time I ran aptitude it wanted to remove stuff it
> shouldn't (xfont files, xserver-xfree86 etc). I changed the delete flag
> to install on these and things seemed to be all right after that.
Hi Anthony/Andrew

Brilliant! I now have just two postscript printers in firefox ;)  This
has been bugging me on and off since I started using Debian but never
felt sufficiently confident to remove it, in case I broke something in a
fundamental way.

FWIW aptitude didn't try to do anything beyond removing x-window-system
xprnt-common and xprint-xprintorg.

Thanks from a happy bunny ;)

Clive

--