Re: dual-OS system

William Ballard wrote:
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 10:41:09AM -0600, Jeremy Turner wrote:

worked well.  But if you have a third partition that both OSes can
read/write, you're set.

I've decided the ability to write to each from each is unnecessary.
It is sufficient to be able to read each, so long as your system
is sufficiently fast and has enough storage.  Just make a copy.
Plus this way you have some data you *can't* screw up from the other,
so you wind up with a backup copy.

If you have limited or slow disk storage, then making a copy would be
a problem.  I haven't found anything *I* do which requires shared
writes.

Email is the one that fits this overlap for me. What I download in one partition I may want to delete from the other. (And before everybody shouts IMAP, there's a limit to how much I can store on there, particularly since I download that too from dial up [besides much has already been downloaded from the server to the HD!])...