Re: printing from firefox

[Sarge/testing, mozilla-firefox 1.0-2, cupsys- 1.1.20final+rc1-10]

  bmsims1> IMO, dump Xprt

OK, I finally got rid of the "xprt stuff" hoping that an outstanding
firefox problem would be fixed ... unfortunately the old problem
remains, and a new "issue" appeared ...

New issue
---------
Invoking any firefox printing function (preview, print) is *extremely*
slow.  It now takes on the order of 15-20 seconds for the "print
dialog" to appear.  Clicking OK takes an add'l 5-10 seconds before the
printing begins.  Strangely enough, I don't see any significant
increase in the CPU load.  (NB: I did restart 'cups'.)

Old problem
-----------
I have tried about everything (including changing margin settings in
the "page setup" dialog, examining possible options in "about:config",
etc.), but still cannot get the "headers/footers" to appear in printed
web pages.  They show up in "print preview" -- at the very edge of the
image -- but don't make it to the *printed* page(s).

Needless to say, printing headers & footers is a very important
capability of my preferred browser: Firefox!

Thanks for any ideas,

--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj