Unidentified subject!

On (15/11/04 21:05), roby wrote:
> Subject: Re: linux-wlan-ng on kernel 2.6?
> Friedemann Schorer wrote:
>
> > ... it contains a prism2 chipset and needs
> > linux-wlan-ng to work properly. ... the build fails
> > continually ...
> > Is there somenone who can help me in this?
> >
> I had the same need several months ago.  ... it took a while to get
> things working, but it does work for my setup anyway.  There is a
> pre23 version at linux-wlan.org.

Did someone already suggest hostap?

    ~:$ apt-cache search hostap-source
    hostap-source - Host AP driver for Intersil Prism2/2.5/3

It built flawlessly, and (with a little fiddling) works for me:

   ~:$ lspci
   ... Network controller: Intersil Corporation Prism 2.5 Wavelan
    chipset (rev 01)

    ~:$ sudo iwconfig
    wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"..."
    Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: ...