Re: apt .v. aptitude (was Re: how to remove exim4 without removing mysql-server?)

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 09:04:34PM +0100, Wim De Smet wrote:
> This is true, but if you only use aptitude it's a minor problem (eg.
> you can probably not even set a package on hold without the curses
> interface).

Oh?  Try reading aptitude's man page.  The question isn't whether aptitude
is feature-complete (it is), but whether it implements those features in a
way compatible with the rest of the toolchain (it doesn't).

I wouldn't care, not in the least, what aptitude did... if it wasn't being
pushed as a be-all-end-all tool.  Otherwise it'd be as ignorable as
synaptic is.

--
 Marc Wilson |     No matter where I go, the place is always called
 msw@cox.net |     "here".