Re: how to remove exim4 without removing mysql-server?

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 02:46:31PM +0800, cwinl-debian-user wrote:
> But my mysql server shouldn't be remove.
> how to remove exim4 without removing mysql-server?

Of course it should be removed.  The 'mysql-server' package depends on
'mailx', which depends on 'mail-transfer-agent'.  You removed Exim, which
provides 'mail-transport-agent', but did not provide a replacement, so the
only thing to do was to remove 'mailx', which meant that 'mysql-server' had
to go too.

The fix, of course, is to install something else that provides
'mail-transfer-agent'.

Remember, broken dependencies are not allowed to exist.  The dependency
database must always be consistent.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Anything that is good and useful is made of
 msw@cox.net |     chocolate.