Re: apt .v. aptitude (was Re: how to remove exim4 without removing mysql-server?)

Wim De Smet wrote:
This is true, but if you only use aptitude it's a minor problem (eg.
you can probably not even set a package on hold without the curses
interface).

{grey@mania:~} aptitude --help
aptitude 0.2.15.8
Usage: aptitude [-S fname] [-u|-i]
       aptitude [options] <action> ...
  Actions (if none is specified, aptitude will enter interactive mode):

 install      - Install/upgrade packages
 remove       - Remove packages
 purge        - Remove packages and their configuration files
 hold         - Place packages on hold
 unhold       - Cancel a hold command for a package

    *cough*  ;)