Mcopy not removing the "^M" character

Hello,

I have a text file that I burned onto a CD on a
windows machine.  I used "mcopy" with the t, a and T
options to try and get rid of those "^M" characters (I
forget if that is the line feed or carriage return).

They seem to be gone if I look at the result with
"more" or an X text editor, but when I look at it with
"nano" there they are.  I assume that they are there
but that some programs simply don't display them.

What am I doing wrong?  "mcopy" states that those
options are all for getting rid of that stuff but they
just don't seem to be working...

Thanks,

ejd