Re: Mcopy not removing the "^M" character

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 05:46:08AM -0800, Eric Dickner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a text file that I burned onto a CD on a
> windows machine.  I used "mcopy" with the t, a and T
> options to try and get rid of those "^M" characters (I
> forget if that is the line feed or carriage return).
>
> They seem to be gone if I look at the result with
> "more" or an X text editor, but when I look at it with
> "nano" there they are.  I assume that they are there
> but that some programs simply don't display them.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  "mcopy" states that those
> options are all for getting rid of that stuff but they
> just don't seem to be working...

Just for the heck of it, try using just t or a instead of both options
(maybe it's brain dead and does one followed by the other, undoing
itself... ?)

Cheers,

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,