Re: Re: when sarge will be released?( install 14 Cd's)?

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 01:50:00PM +0100, belahcene wrote:
> I think the best way ( I am using it!! ) is:
>
> creat  a web server on ayour or another  machine , you put all your CD's
> in a directory
> say /var/www/Debian, ( I assume that  your default web is in /var/www,
> the address of the serveur is 192.168.10.10),
>

> now go to /var/www  and run the command
> dpkg-scanpackages Debian /dev/null | gzip > Debian/Packages.gz
Thanks for this: this is a quick way to set up a package repository.
Much appreciated.

For the original poster [All commands you type indented by one tab
stop for the sake of readability here - you don't need the tab].

As root,

	mv /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.bak

Type

	apt-cdrom add

and insert the cds in order.

	apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade

should work, though you may need to install glibc and a more up to date
kernel image first. Your Mileage May Vary.

Now change to /etc/apt/

cd /etc/apt

Look at your original sources.list - now sources.list.bak.
Copy it back to /etc/sources.list and change any references to stable
to sarge. The only exception will be the security listing at the moment.

cp /etc/apt/sources.list.bak /etc/apt/sources.list

[vi/emacs/nedit as you choose] /etc/apt/sources.list

Hope This Helps,

Andy