Re: libapache-auth-ldap with SSL not compiling

> You don't need the Netscape SDK; auth_ldap supports TLS with the
> OpenLDAP SDK, but it requires a patch. I don't know if that patch
> has been applied to the Debian package or not. The patch itself
> is available if you search the mailing list archives at
> www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap.

Ok, TLS is supported with openldap, but not SSL. And if I see it
right there is a difference between the possibilities of TLS and
SSL and I need to get SSL support for the use of certificate checks
of our CA infrastructure.
And also on your website I read "For SSL, the Netscape SDK is required."

About the patch:
i am simply too blind, I cant find it...i just find the download to
the complete sourcecode...

> Alternatively, you could use something like stunnel to do secure
> LDAP and you wouldn't have to patch and recompile the ldap module.

Also for the "outgoing" direction?!?
I thought stunnel is for securing the server side without
re-compilation.
How can I tunnel the request of your auth_ldap-module through
stunnel on a remote ssl-secured slapd?!?

Thanks,

Matthias