libapache-auth-ldap with SSL not compiling

Dear List,

I hope I am right with that:
- for using apache ldap authentication with SSL i do
  have to use libapache-auth-ldap as libapache-mod-ldap
  does not support SSL at all
- for using libapache-auth-ldap with SSL I have to
  recompile the source as the binary package does not
  support SSL/TLS

Now I am confused, because:
- the dpkg-buildpackage of libapache-auth-ldap has to be
  made with the option --with-ldap-sdk=netscape as the
  package does not support the openldap environment for
  SSL support.
  Is this right?!? I have definitely openldap running
  WITH SSL support.
- the Netscape directory SDK is very very old and nearly
  unfindable.
  I just can find the Mozilla directory SDK, but
  libapache-auth-ldap can not compile with the Mozilla
  directory SDK:
---cut---
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl41... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl41... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl41... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl40... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl40... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl30... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl30... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl20... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl20... no
configure: error: could not find any Netscape library
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1
---cut---
  This error is more or less right, because the Mozilla SDK
  does not bring the ldapssl*.so anymore...

But: how the !"(&!/("§%&/%(§!%$"§% can I compile libapache-auth-ldap
with SSL support on a debian stable system?!?

Thanks,

Matthias