Re: Memory Management in Linux

I guess if you want to develop a program to monitor the memory usage,
you have firstly check the /proc directory to figure out if this
provides the information you need.

The link below explain what is /proc and how to access the many
entries in /proc from the user application:

http://docs.linux.cz/programming/other/ALP/advanced-linux-programming.pdf

If you do not find any information you need, so you have to develop
your own entry in /proc in order to provide the information required
by your program. This step require you to program at kernel space.

BR,

Mauricio Lin.