Re: Memory Management in Linux
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Memory Management in Linux
- From: diego <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:07:55 +0100
- Message-id: <1100624875.4599.33.camel@box>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Check if any of programs in 'Memory debugging' suits you at:
El vie, 05-11-2004 a las 19:37 +0100, Silvan Villiger escribió:
> Can anyone give me a link to a guide which introduces into memory
> I need to understand expressions like "rss", "sz", "shared memory",
> "memory leak", "core image of a process", "data section", "kernel
> stack", "virtual size".
> I've googled a lot and have red the man page of ps. But it seems as most
> of the information out there expects me to know the basic stuff above. I
> only found this picture:
> and an explanation to it, so you can expect me to understand these
> things, but nothing more.
> My goal is to write a script to monitor the memory-usage of a program
> and to detect memory-leaks using the ps-command. How would you detect
> memory leaks with it?
> Greetings... Silvan