Re: new colour printer only uses black and white

It's working at last! Thanks, Jeff. Details below for anybody with the same problem.

Jeff Self wrote:
On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 17:02 +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
I'm running woody. synaptic says I have cupsys 1.1.14-5 but no
cupsys-driver-gimpprint or, interestingly, foomatic-bin or
foomatic-db.
Anyway, after installing them I now have a much longer list of
printers but it still doesn't include anything like a Color
LaserJet 4600 Foomatic/Postscript. Do you know where it comes from?

Try installing the following packages:
foomatic-db
foomatic-db-engine
foomatic-db-gimp-print