IO::Seekable::getpos missing

Hello,

since a few days I always receive this error when I'm upgrading
my system for a few packages:

Setting up alsa-source (1.0.6a-5) ...
IO::Seekable::getpos missing at /usr/share/perl/5.8/FileHandle.pm line 59.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Template.pm line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Template.pm line 6.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Question.pm line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Question.pm line 6.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Log.pm line 8.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Db.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Db.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/debconf/frontend line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/debconf/frontend line 4.
dpkg: error processing alsa-source (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255

Does someone happen to know what the problem might be? Perl wizards,
experts--anybody?

I also got the message "perl might not be configured" or something like that
(sorry, I'm not at my computer right now and I didn't copy it). Anybody seen this
already?

I already re-installed the perl perl-base perl-module libperlXXX packages (basically
almost every package which got perl in its name), ran a debsums check which didn't
come up with anything suspicious and also installed the new perl packages (5.8.4-3)
which appeared in testing yesterday.

--
Claudio