Re: CUPS to USB printing no longer working

> deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
>
> I suggest you to add it to your /etc/apt/sources.list if missing, and
> update your box with the standard "apt-get update; apt-get
> dist-upgrade" commands. This will update only the packages that needs
> security fixes.

Thanks for your help.  Upgrading debian kernels has always been a bit of a
mystery to me and your answers help to resolve this.  Looks as if my
existing kernel is suss anyway.  Will install kernel-image-2.4.18-1-k6 when
I get a free moment.  Don't have courage to install it remotely over a
weekend with Monday coming up!!