Re: CUPS to USB printing no longer working

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:07:48 +1000, Robert S <robert_s@emailme.net.au> wrote:
> > I should check, but yes, probably you'll find a
> > kernel-image-2.4.18-1-k6 on Woody.
> >

> Should I use kernel-image-2.4.18-k6 or kernel-image-2.4.18-1-k6?  Sorry
> about basic questions.  I'm quite new to debian.  Also - my life would not
> be worth living if I screwed up the office system.

I don't have a Woody system right now to check, i've looked on
http://packages.debian.org and found a kernel-image-2.4.18-1-k6, but
your apt will find it only if you have a line that point to
security.debian.org. The line is

deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

I suggest you to add it to your /etc/apt/sources.list if missing, and
update your box with the standard "apt-get update; apt-get
dist-upgrade" commands. This will update only the packages that needs
security fixes.

Andrea