Re: CUPS to USB printing no longer working

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 19:55:32 +1000, Robert Schmidli
<robert@schmidli.com.au> wrote:
> > Sorry, i should have checked if the USB printer module name was
> > changed (that name is valid for kernels 2.6.x). You probably don't
> > need to change a working system, but IMHO maybe you should install a
> > "proper" Woody kernel, your is a "boot floppy" variant. =)
> >
> > Anyway, your printer was working and the error message made me think
> > you only need to load the proper USB kernel module for the printer, so
> > look if you can find "usbpr" (should be called like this on 2.4.x)
> > module name and if not loaded try to manually load it and then restart
> > CUPS...
>
> The only module that looks like a usb printer module is printer.o.  Maybe
> I'll try installing a "real" kernel.  Is kernel-image-2.4.18-1-k6 the latest
> woody kernel for a k6 system?

Mmh, you should add, if you don't have it, a line in you
/etc/apt/sources.list like

deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

I should check, but yes, probably you'll find a
kernel-image-2.4.18-1-k6 on Woody.

Andrea