Re: Parallel Port Scanner Support?

Jeff Golden wrote:

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 20:06:06 -0700, Scarletdown
<gsutton9503@wavecable.com> wrote:
I just recently hooked up my flatbed scanner to my system in hopes of
actually being able to use it.  It is connected to the parallel port,
powered up, and I have installed xsane as well as the sane plugin for
GIMP.  However, xsane is not able to see the scanner.  I just get a less
than helpful "no devices available" message.

What do I need to do to get this scanner working?  It is an Info
Peripherals Image Reader Ultra, Model FB7.  The FCC I.D. is jsf-fb262,
which Google and Jeeves searches show it to actually be an Avision AV260C.

Any ideas what drivers I need for this scanner, and where to get them?

Don't have one personally so I dont know but:

http://www.rocklinux-consulting.de/oss/avision/

was produced, as the first result, to the following google search:
parallel port scanners linux avision

Looks like this scanner won't work with Linux afterall.

http://www.rocklinux-consulting.de/oss/avision/faq.html