Parallel Port Scanner Support?

I just recently hooked up my flatbed scanner to my system in hopes of actually being able to use it. It is connected to the parallel port, powered up, and I have installed xsane as well as the sane plugin for GIMP. However, xsane is not able to see the scanner. I just get a less than helpful "no devices available" message.

What do I need to do to get this scanner working? It is an Info Peripherals Image Reader Ultra, Model FB7. The FCC I.D. is jsf-fb262, which Google and Jeeves searches show it to actually be an Avision AV260C.

Any ideas what drivers I need for this scanner, and where to get them?