Re: Parallel Port Scanner Support?

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 23:06, Scarletdown wrote:
> I just recently hooked up my flatbed scanner to my system in hopes of
> actually being able to use it.  It is connected to the parallel port,
> powered up, and I have installed xsane as well as the sane plugin for
> GIMP.  However, xsane is not able to see the scanner.  I just get a less
> than helpful "no devices available" message.
>
> What do I need to do to get this scanner working?  It is an Info
> Peripherals Image Reader Ultra, Model FB7.  The FCC I.D. is jsf-fb262,
> which Google and Jeeves searches show it to actually be an Avision AV260C.
>
> Any ideas what drivers I need for this scanner, and where to get them?

Have you looked up your scanner model at sane-project.org? They have
lists of what is (and is not) supported.

I have a Hewlett-Packard scanjet 4670. On the sane-project list, it is
unsupported, but sane knows there's a scanner of *some* type hooked up.
That's as far as it gets, though. Not worried about that one, though.
Scanner wasn't hooked up for any of my projects, anyway.