Re: rekall doesn't work properly on debian

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 04:59, Daniel M. wrote:
> Thanks for the reference - I found the packages. Unfortunately,
> the package suffers from the same problem as a manually compiled
> application, and segfaults in exactly the same way and with the
> same frequency :(.
>
> Daniel.

At risk of being shot at at sunrise, I had rekall working without any problems
in Gentoo a few days back.  Does the following help you at all?

DEPEND="virtual/python
 mysql? ( >=dev-db/mysql-3.23.57-r1 )
 postgres? ( >=dev-db/postgresql-7.3.4-r1 )
 xbase? ( =dev-db/xbsql-0.11 )"
RDEPEND="virtual/python
 mysql? ( >=dev-db/mysql-3.23.57-r1 )
 postgres? ( >=dev-db/postgresql-7.3.4-r1 )
 xbase? ( =dev-db/xbsql-0.11 )"

myconf="--with-gui=kde \
 `use_enable mysql` \
 `use_enable postgres pgsql` \
 `use_enable xbase` \
 `use_enable odbc` \
 `use_enable odbc iodbc`"

sed -i -e 's/$(LN_S) $(kde_libs_htmldir)\/$(KDE_LANG)\/common/$(LN_S) common/'
${S}/doc/rekall/Makefile.in

For those that do not know, DEPEND is packages that are required to build,
RDEPEND are runtime only deps, the myconf variable is appended to configure
and the use_enable function emits the correct configure argument if the
feature following it is enabled.  As for the sed, I'm not sure...

Full URL for ebuild:
http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dev-db/rekall/rekall-2.2.0.ebuild

Maybe gdb backtraces could be helpful.  Since I'm interested in getting this
working in Debian (as well as working out how apt-get actually works ;) can
you post the url you found the packages at and I'll have a play myself.

--
Tom Wesley <tom@tomaw.org>