Where to put module config with module-init-tools?

Hi,

What file should I edit to set options for a module at boot time?

I looked at /etc/modules.conf, and it is generated by update-modules, but that is a "deperciated" command, so what is the new way of doing things?

I created /etc/modutils/options[1], and ran update-modules but the options I set don't seem to be used by the module.

[1] echo 'aic7xxx aic7xxx=verbose,pci_parity:1,global_tag_depth:1' > /etc/modutils/options