Re: HylaFax receives rubbish

Clement(clement@ans.com.au) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
>
> >Clement(clement@ans.com.au) is reported to have said:
> >

> >>Just tried Hylafax.  After spending hours to play around, I finally got
> >>Hyafax to receive fax.  However, the pages received are just rubbish.
> >>When I setup Hylafax to email received fax as a PDF to me, that PDF is a
> >>totally white page.
> >>
> >>Do you know where can I start to find and fix the problem?
> >>
> >>Debian installed is Sarge, with kernel 2.6.7.  Hylafax-server,
> >>hylafax-doc and hylafax-client are all 4.1.8-13
> >>
> >>The only suspicious thing in the installation is the complaint about
> >>ghostscript fonts.  I did this to quiet the complaint:
> >>
> >>ln -s /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts /usr/share/gs-gpl/fonts
> >>
> >>This works to get hylafax to send.
> >>

> >You have sent to request for help twice now and have received no
> >answer.
> >
> I must apologise for this.  After sending the first one, for some
> reasons I did not see it in the list.   Thinking that it could be a
> problem of my PC, I send it again.
>
> >On both occasions you hi-jacked another thread rather then
> >starting a new one (bad practice).
> >

> I DID NOT hi-jack anything.  If the subject I used is the same as a
> previous email, it is pure coincidence.  I will search the archives.
> Please do not assume too much.

Then you don't know what I'm talking about.  You replied to another
topic, instead of starting a new thread, and just changed the subject.

Your post is within a thread but with a different Subject.  Oh, I see,
your running Winbloz.  I guess I should not have wasted my time trying
to help you get an answer.

Sorry now that I tried.  I'll look deeper next time.  :-)
--
In English, every word can be verbed.  Would that it were so in our
programming languages.