Re: nvidia drivers

Gregory Seidman wrote:
On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 06:13:22AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
} OK, I tried to install the nvidia kernel headers and such with a stock } debian kernel. I didn't see any errors through any of the steps, } however I keep getting failure when I now start X. IIRC the packages } where nvidia-kernel and variou headers and such. The list of the } specific packages isn't available right now since I've shut things down... } } GLcore not loaded. } } Not sure much about this. It's always been selected and loaded since I } first installed debian on a machine. } } lsmod shows nvidia_agp is loaded. 'nv' is not, but IIRC it's a dummy } module for the regular linux kernel. } } kernel: 2.6.7-1-k7 installed on an Athlon XP 3200+ } } Any suggestions? my X windows is toast. I'm working off a back-up } machine right now...

Did you also install nvidia-kernel-common and nvidia-glx?

--Greg

Well, one thing I noticed is that the nvidia-kernel packages are all build for the 2.4 kernel and I'm really wanting to use the 2.6 kernel.

If I were to just use the NVidia drivers from their website, what do I need? Kernel-Headers only?