Re: nvidia drivers

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 06:13:22AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
} OK, I tried to install the nvidia kernel headers and such with a stock
} debian kernel.  I didn't see any errors through any of the steps,
} however I keep getting failure when I now start X.  IIRC the packages
} where nvidia-kernel and variou headers and such.  The list of the
} specific packages isn't available right now since I've shut things down...
}
} GLcore not loaded.
}
} Not sure much about this.  It's always been selected and loaded since I
} first installed debian on a machine.
}
} lsmod shows nvidia_agp is loaded.  'nv' is not, but IIRC it's a dummy
} module for the regular linux kernel.
}
} kernel: 2.6.7-1-k7 installed on an Athlon XP 3200+
}
} Any suggestions?  my X windows is toast.  I'm working off a back-up
} machine right now...

Did you also install nvidia-kernel-common and nvidia-glx?

--Greg