Re: how to connect two PC's with a cross-over ethernet cable?

Bram Mertens wrote:

wireless.  The laptop has a built-in WLAN card (Prism 802.11g).  However
There's prisms and there's prisms. I think if yours works, there should be a firmware file on your cd: a file whose name ends .arm.

There are cards based on prism54 cards that do not yet work with Linux. See prism54.org for supported chipsets.

I had the misfortune to buy an smc2802w. The original works, iit has a firmware file as I just mentioned. The V2 whichI got does not work, and the firmware's embedded in the Windows malware. There is a description somewhere at prism54.org on how to get the firmware out, but the firmware doesn't actually work with the Li nux driver.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait