Re: Kernel updates with apt-get?

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 01:13:58PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Scott Mohnkern(scott@mohnkern.com) is reported to have said:
> > hmmm. I've never tried "apt-get search" before....
> >
> > and it didn't work..
>
> He meant apt-cache search.
>
> I was goint to tell you that you could use apropos search, to find what
> man page name uses search, but it doesn't come up with apt-cache for
> some reason.  Humm....

  Why should it come with apropos search? To the best of my knowledge,
apropos looks for Unix commands, that is the first token on a Unix
command line. With apt-cache, search is a command for apt-cache but not
for Unix.
--
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I