Re: Kernel updates with apt-get?

hmmm. I've never tried "apt-get search" before....

and it didn't work..

Scott

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:10:07 -0400, Alec Berryman <alec@thened.net> wrote:

begin  quotation of Scott Mohnkern on 2004-08-20 09:13:39 -0400:

should apt-get being doing kernel updates?  For some reason I'm
still running 2.2.

apt-get will be doing updates to your kernel; problem is, I doubt
there are any.  The kernel packages are generally version specific;
for example, kernel 2.4.18 is in a different package than kerenl
2.4.26.  However, any fixes for 2.4.18 will result in a new version of
that package.  `apt-get search kernel-image` to show the available
kernels, and then select one to install.  Be careful, though, as
updating from a 2.2 kernel to a 2.4 kernel will be quite a change.