Re: Dead Gnome MIME settings

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 15:25:17 -0500, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> Yeah, I forgot to mention that little part which I suppose probably could
> have been rather important. So yes, I'm using experimental.

In that case, this is expected breakage. GNOME 2.8 will use a new MIME
system (see http://www.gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1885), and this is
reflected in the GNOME 2.7 development branch (see e.g.
http://www.gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1893).

The configuration applet that's giving you these errors,
/usr/bin/gnome-file-types-properties, is part of the `capplets' package,
built from the `control-center' source package. There is no GNOME 2.7
version of that package packaged yet for experimental. The GNOME 2.6 version
is for use with the older MIME system; it doesn't work for the new one.

HTH,
Ray
--
For those Unix & Linux fanatics who're feeling left out, please forward this
message to everyone you know and delete a bunch of your files at random.