Re: Rant about installer features (Re: Progeny)

s. keeling wrote:

You seem to want something that you say, "Go!", then you go for a beer
and come back to a fully installed, correctly configured system.

Ising the standard RHL installer, I can do precisely that. Not that i'd enjoy the beer, it's far from my favourite beer.

Well, you're refugees from vendors who promised that BS and never
delivered.  Doesn't that tell you something?  It doesn't happen.
Sorry it took you so long to figure that out.

You have no idea why I'm here.

RH delivered what it said it would, it just ceased deliving what _I_ want at a price I consider fair.

When I was using RHL 7.3 (and RH was delivering what I wanted and not evenccharging for it), I used to install RHL on Pentium III-733 systems, typical desktop with KDE and GNOME, sound working, disk paritioned, dual boot if you wanted, in under 15 minutes,

Oh, RAID if you wanted.

It was boot a floppy, remove floppy when it was not longer needed, then go about other things.

I'm far from that level of productivity with Debian. I think I can reach it with Progeny.

What you tell me is that there's a lot of people using Debian who don't know what state-of-the-art is.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait