Re: Font Sizes In Fluxbox

s. keeling wrote:

> Your problem then is with the style definition.  In my ~/.fluxbox dir,
> I have a ~/.fluxbox/styles, and that's where I copied in my preferred
> style (TDF).  In styles/TDF, it mentions:
>
> toolbar.font:                   lucidasans-10
> menu.title.Font:                lucidasans-10
> menu.frame.font:                lucidasans-10
> window.font:                    lucidasans-10
> menuFont:                       lucidasans-10
> titleFont:                      lucidasans-10
>
> Likely, those are what you need to sort out.
>
> To do all this right, you need to copy stuff into ~/.fluxbox, then
> edit ~/.fluxbox/init:
>
> session.styleFile:      /home/keeling/.fluxbox/styles/TDF
> session.menuFile:       /home/keeling/.fluxbox/menu
>

> --
> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
> (*)               http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling

Hello s.keeling,

With all respect, I don't believe the problem I'm having here is with
~/.fluxbox/init. That file is modifiable as soon as one simply chooses a new
style from the menu. Boot now with Shade, for example, and boot again
without changing from Shade, and that file will show Shade as the selected
style. However, change the style mid-session to say, MerleyKay, and that
file will show MerleyKay until changed again. ~/.fluxbox/init would seem to
govern how fluxbox operates but leaves a styles' font sizes to the style
files themselves. A look at ~/.fluxbox/init in my Gentoo installation shows
the exact file as does the ~/.fluxbox/init file in my Debian installation
yet the font rendering is remarkably different in the two. The question
would seem to remain is there a system setting at work here, gtk2 or some
such? I feel confident that ~/.fluxbox/init is not at the heart of the
mystery. Other thoughts.

jlowell