Font Sizes In Fluxbox

Well, many years later, my first reasonably intelligent look at Debian. I downloaded and burned the businesscard iso last night and the install went flawlessly, at least I think it did. I used aptitude to bring down the x window system and fluxbox post install and have a question about font rendering in the various fluxbox styles.

I've used flux with any number of distros in the past yet with Debian, the various flux style fonts seem enormous by comparison with their counterparts in say, Arch or Gentoo. And, in examining the files themselves, I find that the font size selected are identical in every case. What might account for this difference? Might it be some kind of system wide setting that distinguishes these? I recall during the install a reference to some anti-aliasing mechanism that one could accept or reject relating to pango, with wording subtly encouraging acceptance. In any event, if the cause can be located in a system setting, perhaps someone might explain how it can be adjusted. I'd hate to have to edit the style files to make provision for smaller fonts.

jlowell