Re: Font Sizes In Fluxbox

Incoming from John Lowell:
> s. keeling wrote:
>
> >Incoming from John Lowell:
> >
> >>Well, many years later, my first reasonably intelligent look at Debian.
> >>I downloaded and burned the businesscard iso last night and the install
> >>went flawlessly, at least I think it did. I used aptitude to bring down
> >>the x window system and fluxbox post install and have a question about
> >>font rendering in the various fluxbox styles.
> >
> >I had to manually swap the positions of 75dpi and 100dpi fonts in
> >/etc/X11/XF86Config-4, then things returned to normal.  fwiw:
> >
> >       FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
> >       FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
>
> I edited /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 so as to shift the positions of the 100
> and 75 dpi fonts and, sadly, there was no change. I strongly suspect a
> system setting but have no idea how to locate or fix it. Very early in
> the post installation, the first time you are taken into X, you get a
> kind of generic fluxbox and the fonts render in it properly. Once you've
> selected a different style, you get these huge fonts and enormous menu

Your problem then is with the style definition.  In my ~/.fluxbox dir,
I have a ~/.fluxbox/styles, and that's where I copied in my preferred
style (TDF).  In styles/TDF, it mentions:

toolbar.font:                   lucidasans-10
menu.title.Font:                lucidasans-10
menu.frame.font:                lucidasans-10
window.font:                    lucidasans-10
menuFont:                       lucidasans-10
titleFont:                      lucidasans-10

Likely, those are what you need to sort out.

To do all this right, you need to copy stuff into ~/.fluxbox, then
edit ~/.fluxbox/init:

session.styleFile:      /home/keeling/.fluxbox/styles/TDF
session.menuFile:       /home/keeling/.fluxbox/menu

- -