Re: Font Sizes In Fluxbox

s. keeling wrote:
Incoming from John Lowell:

Well, many years later, my first reasonably intelligent look at Debian.
I downloaded and burned the businesscard iso last night and the install
went flawlessly, at least I think it did. I used aptitude to bring down
the x window system and fluxbox post install and have a question about
font rendering in the various fluxbox styles.

I had to manually swap the positions of 75dpi and 100dpi fonts in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4, then things returned to normal.  fwiw:

        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"

Hello s.keeling,

Thanks for the reply!

I edited /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 so as to shift the positions of the 100 and 75 dpi fonts and, sadly, there was no change. I strongly suspect a system setting but have no idea how to locate or fix it. Very early in the post installation, the first time you are taken into X, you get a kind of generic fluxbox and the fonts render in it properly. Once you've selected a different style, you get these huge fonts and enormous menu displays. I'm stuck; I've played with the various xde scripts, xinitrc, others and get nowhere with this problem. Any other ideas?

jlowell