Re: creating audio-cd image from mp3/wav

* Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> [2004 Jul 30 18:42 -0500]:
> I never intend for the files to go to the cdrom, otherwise the solution
> would be easy. I want to create an image I can mount in vmware so that
> windows will think its a regular audio cd so that I can download it to
> my mini disk using Sony simple burner, thus bypassing Sony jukebox which
> does havoc and I really don't like anyway since it lets you download
> each file only three times to mini disk, and you can't delete it from
> the mini disk directly, you have to do it through the sony jukebox
> (even if the file is yours, or you own the cd).
>
> Now if only the libnetmd people finally figure out how to record to a
> netmd mini disk directly from Linux, or Sony stopped being so paranoid
> and windows centric, life would be a lot easier ;-)

Have you tried mkisofs?  I haven't played with it myself, but I think
that is what X-CD-Roast uses to create an image in the Master mode.

>From the man page:

MKISOFS(8)                                                          MKISOFS(8)

NAME
       mkisofs  - create an hybrid ISO9660/JOLIET/HFS filesystem with optional
       Rock Ridge attributes.

SYNOPSIS
       mkisofs [ options ] [ -o filename ] pathspec [pathspec ...]

DESCRIPTION
       mkisofs  is  effectively  a  pre-mastering  program  to   generate   an
       ISO9660/JOLIET/HFS hybrid filesystem.

       mkisofs  is  capable  of  generating  the  System  Use Sharing Protocol
       records (SUSP) specified by the Rock Ridge Interchange Protocol.   This
       is  used  to  further describe the files in the iso9660 filesystem to a
       unix host, and provides information such as longer filenames,  uid/gid,
       posix permissions, symbolic links, block and character devices.

.
.
.

- Nate >>