Re: creating audio-cd image from mp3/wav

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 07:15:16AM +0800, csj wrote:
> On 29. July 2004 at 3:06PM +0300,
> Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:
>
> > How do I create an audio cd image on disk?
> >
> > I tried looking into xcdroast (which I normally use), cdrecord,
> > burn, mp3burn and a bunch of other console tools, and it seems
> > that there is no problem to write audio directly to cd from
> > wav/mp3/ogg and create data iso images on disk, but I couldn't
> > seem to find anything that can write an audio-cd image to disk.
>
> cdrdao?

As far as I can tell if I copy a cd, I can use --keep-image to keep the
image on disk, but there doesn't seem a way to just create the image
without burning it (somehow I don't thing /dev/null will work here, as
it is looking for a scsi device, but maybe, will try that idea
tomorrow). Anyway, it requires an image already on disk or cd, I only
have a bunch of mp3 files.