Re: creating audio-cd image from mp3/wav

On 30. July 2004 at 5:02AM +0300,
Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 07:15:16AM +0800, csj wrote:
> > On 29. July 2004 at 3:06PM +0300,
> > Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:
> >
> > > How do I create an audio cd image on disk?
> > >
> > > I tried looking into xcdroast (which I normally use),
> > > cdrecord, burn, mp3burn and a bunch of other console tools,
> > > and it seems that there is no problem to write audio
> > > directly to cd from wav/mp3/ogg and create data iso images
> > > on disk, but I couldn't seem to find anything that can
> > > write an audio-cd image to disk.
> >
> > cdrdao?
> >

> As far as I can tell if I copy a cd, I can use --keep-image to
> keep the image on disk, but there doesn't seem a way to just
> create the image without burning it (somehow I don't thing
> /dev/null will work here, as it is looking for a scsi device,
> but maybe, will try that idea tomorrow). Anyway, it requires an
> image already on disk or cd, I only have a bunch of mp3 files.

Not a solution:

Since cdrecord can burn cd-compatible wav files on the fly, why
not just create the wav files in one directory, making sure the
files are arranged in track order, say track01.wav, track02.wav?
If you need special options like cd text put it in a script, so
you can simply type something like "my_audio_burn.sh
./Track_Directory/*wav".