creating audio-cd image from mp3/wav

How do I create an audio cd image on disk?

I tried looking into xcdroast (which I normally use), cdrecord, burn,
mp3burn and a bunch of other console tools, and it seems that there is
no problem to write audio directly to cd from wav/mp3/ogg and create
data iso images on disk, but I couldn't seem to find anything that
can write an audio-cd image to disk.

I would rather use xcdroast or command line tool here if possible,
rather then the gnome/k3b programs (which I don't know if they work
either)

(I need it in order to write the audio to mini-disk, workaround
around the ridiculous Sony limitations).

Thanks