Re: creating audio-cd image from mp3/wav

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 07:07:52AM +0800, csj wrote:
> On 30. July 2004 at 5:02AM +0300,
> Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 07:15:16AM +0800, csj wrote:

> > > cdrdao?
> > >

> > As far as I can tell if I copy a cd, I can use --keep-image to
> > keep the image on disk, but there doesn't seem a way to just
> > create the image without burning it (somehow I don't thing
> > /dev/null will work here, as it is looking for a scsi device,
> > but maybe, will try that idea tomorrow). Anyway, it requires an
> > image already on disk or cd, I only have a bunch of mp3 files.
>
> Not a solution:
>
> Since cdrecord can burn cd-compatible wav files on the fly, why
> not just create the wav files in one directory, making sure the
> files are arranged in track order, say track01.wav, track02.wav?
> If you need special options like cd text put it in a script, so
> you can simply type something like "my_audio_burn.sh
> ./Track_Directory/*wav".

I never intend for the files to go to the cdrom, otherwise the solution
would be easy. I want to create an image I can mount in vmware so that
windows will think its a regular audio cd so that I can download it to
my mini disk using Sony simple burner, thus bypassing Sony jukebox which
does havoc and I really don't like anyway since it lets you download
each file only three times to mini disk, and you can't delete it from
the mini disk directly, you have to do it through the sony jukebox
(even if the file is yours, or you own the cd).

Now if only the libnetmd people finally figure out how to record to a
netmd mini disk directly from Linux, or Sony stopped being so paranoid
and windows centric, life would be a lot easier ;-)