Re: Any chance of Debian adding YaST

On Jul 28, 07:23, Klaus Imgrund wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 July 2004 06:14 pm, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Jim Bailey <jim@freesolutions.net> writes:
> > > Though to be honest I use
> > > <anti-christ>Gentoo</anti-christ> live CD because of
> > > its EVMS package to carve up scsi arrays before
> > > installs.
> >
> > http://www.funroll-loops.org/
> > Gentoo considered hella-stoopid.

Lol Great site, love the boy racer analogy, you just have to admire
sheer youthfull exuberance and ignorance. :)

If you can not then there is something misconfigured in there and that
is sad. :(

dpkg-reconfigure self? ;)

> Oh - man,there we go again.
> Distro-pissing contest time everybody!!

Does it really have to be that way, when I go out for a ruby with
friends we have Debian, Red Hat, Gentoo, Suse admins, we even sometimes
have lusers but we make them sit on their own. ;)

The posters original desire was for something in the Debian installer to
auto-detect hardware the way Yast does.  The Debian devs on the thread
linked to were primarily concerned with the way Yast deals with
configuration files.  IMHO the Debian installer deals poorly with
auto-detection of hardware and the creation of LVMs.  I could be plain
wrong on this, if I am I am happy to be enlightened. :)

Please restore a little faith in my my fellow humanity and lets have a
little open reasoned debate about issues, instead of retreating into the
bunkers of fundamentalism.

Peace Jim

--
keys:  http://freesolutions.net/jim/pubkey.asc