Re: apt-get dist-upgrade and /dev/input/mice

*Brian Walker wrote:*

*
*

*-f, --fix-broken

This should fix it, but in my experience doesn't always
apt-get -f install

Your  could also try
apt-get -f install imhangul-

Note the minus sign at the end of the package name.
*

*
Many thanks for the advice - sadly, the apt-get -f option was one of
the first I tried. adding the "-" had the same result.

$locate imhangul found the /var/cache/apt archives of a i386.deb for
imhangul ..... but it seemed to remain unrecognized. Deleting all
references to imhangul in other directories (rm -R ...) and $locate
imhangul again showed these files as if they were present on the disk,
but cd into the repository and there isnothing there. dpkg, dselect,
aptitude - all find imhangul but fail to install it. dpkg stubbornly
tells me that the archive is not found, and I am unable to download it
from the repository .... it almost makes me long for M$ simplicity,
but then I have a coffee and all seems better.

When I changed the apt.sources to unstable and tried to
update/upgrade, it all hung on imhangul .... and I don't even need or
want the Korean language support .....

Any more ideas? Something simple along the ideas of dpkg --configure
--pending? I like a simple life ....

*

*
Have you tried removing **imhangul with dpkg?

**
*

*--
Cheers